Our foundation is grounded in giving back. From community initiatives to support our friends & neighbors, to ensuring we do our part to limit our carbon footprint, to our team & guest focus, we believe that these contributions are essential to a successful business model.
We help lead the hotel and leisure travel industry in energy conservation, cutting-edge initiatives and community outreach. Here are a few examples of our progress:
- Kalahari Field at the Huron Memorial Stadium in Ohio.
- Support for Andy North & Friends to benefit the UW Carbone Cancer Center.
- Support for "Golf for the Future" benefiting the Wisconsin Dells Education Foundation .
- Support and creation of the Nelson Family Foundation, which is committed to assisting organizations with like-minded goals to enrich the quality of life through education and medical advancements, the defense of human rights and the advocacy of animal rights.
- Resorts and hotels featuring low-flow shower heads, reducing water consumption by millions of gallons per year.
- Installation of an ozone laundry system allowing for colder water wash.
- Installation of high-efficiency water consumption pumps in the waterparks for extended life cycle.
- Restaurants and dining outlets featuring low-flow dishwasher spray heads for energy efficient cleaning.
- Installation of more than 4,160 square feet of rooftop solar panels at signature resort property in Wisconsin Dells. These panels work in conjunction with four 500-gallon storage tanks to assist with hot water needs. These roof top solar panels contribute to more than 30% of the resort's hot water.
- Introduction of resort partnership with the "Clean The World" organization, the largest global recycler of hotel amenities, to collect and recycle resort soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and gels. To date, tens of thousands of pounds of soap and bottled amenities have been diverted from landfills.
- The soap collected and donated to Clean The World has directly resulted in more than 86,000 re-manufactured sterile soap bars being distributed to people in need around the world. Additionally, more than 8,800 pounds of plastic have been recycled through participation in the program.
- Implementation of Resort-wide receptacles for refuse recycling.
- Use of high post-consumer / recycled paper products.
- Cardboard boxes used to ship products and supplies are baled and recycled.
- Use of eco-friendly CFL & LED Lighting in interior and exterior fixtures.
- Motion sensor lights in public areas to maximize lighting efficiencies.
- Digital thermostats installed in guest rooms for advanced temperature control.
- Fan installation in waterparks for reduced heating costs and a minimized carbon footprint.